GREAT FOR BIRTHDAYS, REPORT CARD INCENTIVES, OR KIDS THAT JUST NEED ENCOURAGEMENT.
WELCOME!! I believe a picture is worth a thousand words. Please watch this video. This is what I offer the children who come aboard my boat.
"KIDS FISH, TOO!" - Fishing trips designed just for children!
"KIDS FISH, TOO!" is a kids-oriented service of Holding The Line Guide Service aimed at introducing youngsters to the outdoors and the fun of fishing. "KIDS FISH, TOO!" trips are a bit shorter in length than adult trips to keep up with shorter attention spans. They are also much more economically priced than adult trips. We focus on making sure every child is successful - no child leaves without catching a fish - guaranteed!!
The inspiration to create "KIDS FISH, TOO!" came about from my experience as the Children's Pastor in a church located right outside the gates of Fort Hood, Texas, the largest military base in the world.
Unfortunately, many children in the Fort Hood community are fatherless, at least for a time, due to deployments, divorce, or even death.
I have had the opportunity to meet the need for responsible adult male attention and approval in many children (especially boys) within my fellowship, and am now able to offer this service to the Fort Hood, Killeen, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights, Belton, Salado, and Temple communities, as well.
S.K.I.F.F. - Free fishing trips for kids separated from a parent by military duty.
S.K.I.F.F. stands for Soldiers' Kids Involved in Fishing Fun. S.K.I.F.F. fishing trips for kids are absolutely free of charge to the children of military personnel who are away from home on military duty including field time, NTC or JRTC rotations, military schooling, TDY assignments, deployment, and unaccompanied tours
S.K.I.F.F. trips are paid for by donations from the membership of the Austin Fly Fishers and by funds they raise for this worthy cause. Austin Fly Fishers is a fly fishing club based in Austin, Texas.
Your children do not have to be referred or recommended by another individual to participate. All it takes is a phone call from a parent to get the ball rolling.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
A 4+ hour "KIDS FISH, TOO!" trip for up to 2 children/youth costs just $145. S.K.I.F.F. trips are free of charge.
A 4+ hour "KIDS FISH, TOO!" trip for 3 children/youth costs just $195. S.K.I.F.F. trips are free of charge.
"KIDS FISH, TOO!" gift certificates are available at no extra charge.
Compare this to similar local activities aimed at making birthday celebrations special:
Rock Climbing and Pizza Birthday Party ~$200.00
Musical Birthday Party ~$150.00
Gymnastics Birthday Party ~$145.00
Inflatable Jumping Game Birthday Party ~$180.00 to $400.00
SCROLL THROUGH THE PHOTOS BELOW TO SEE YOUNGSTERS IN ACTION.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Parents contact me to check availability of a given date or dates at 254-368-7411.
2. Provide me with the names of up to 3 boys and/or girls, ages 5 to 16 who will attend the trip.
3. Hold the date for a "KIDS FISH, TOO!" trip with a $50 deposit. For S.K.I.F.F. trips, no deposit is required.
4. Either leave the kids in my care for their excursion and enjoy a little time to yourself, or come along with us (4 passengers maximum).
5. Send appropriate drinks, snacks, clothing and sun protection for a 4 hour outing.
6. Receive the kids back at dockside and listen to their fish tales and peek at their digital photos on my camera.
7. I'll send photos and a blog entry to you by e-mail within a 1-3 days.
8. Any child catching his/her first fish and/or a Junior Angler record fish will be awarded a Texas Parks and Wildlife Certificate (takes about 2 weeks for processing).